Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Medpedia Community


Hi readers,

You will notice that on the left upper corner of my Calling the Shots page there is a new logo. I am proud to announce that I am now one of the contributors to Medpedia, a site designed to educate people on various conditions, illnesses, and to answer questions in general. My Calling the Shots blog is now included as part of Medpedia.

During my short time on this site thus far, I have been quite pleased. I get to communicate directly with physicians of various backgrounds and meet experts in the field of breast cancer and self-advocacy.

I have found the staff and medical experts at this site to be kind and helpful.

Please check it out by clicking the icon. You'll be glad you did!

Beth L. Gainer is a professional writer and has published numerous academic and magazine articles, as well as an essay on her breast cancer experience in the anthology Voices of Breast Cancer by LaChance Publishing. She writes about a potpourri of topics, including motherhood and her Chinese adoption experience at http://currents-living-discovery.blogspot.com/, and her cat Hemi blogs at http://www.catterchatter.blogspot.com/. Beth teaches writing and literature at Robert Morris University in the Chicago area. She has a guest posting on The World's Strongest Librarian at http://worldsstrongestlibrarian.com/3597/sharing-a-loved-ones-pain-guest-post-by-beth-gainer/.

She can be contacted at
bethlgainer@gmail.com and gainercallingtheshots@gmail.com.

Photobucket

1 comment: