Sunday, August 26, 2012

Celebrating the Ordinary -- Day One

Marie at Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer has challenged us bloggers to a fun, exciting assignment: to post one picture each day for a week that illustrates our celebration of the ordinary in our lives. 

I love Marie's challenges, and I am embracing this one with a sense of awe and fun. Here's my photo:


Jumping to the Challenge

This girl is my four-year-old daughter Ari, and she is my universe. The picture was taken this weekend at a place called Xtreme Trampolines. The joy on her face and the sparkle in her eyes tell the whole story. 

Here's a girl who had just been jumping for 45 minutes on a trampoline. Jumping with zest, abandon, and with a sense of childish glee.

I asked her to stop so I could snap this picture. Then she got back to her business of being a child, sporting a bandaid on her leg, not because she had a boo-boo but because it was a fashion statement.

Watching her jumping, I was amazed and grateful to have her in my life and for the lesson she was teaching me right this very minute: to jump into life joyfully and confidently. 

And I learned that a snapshot of an ordinary day is actually quite extraordinary.








18 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this, Beth! What a cutie Ari is and what a blessing she must be in your life! Thank you for sharing this priceless photo of a girl who is obviously enjoying herself immensely. Isn't this challenge wonderful? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, yes, I love this challenge. Thank you for your kind words about Ari. She helps me tap into my inner child!

      Delete
  2. So cute. That smile says it all. Oh, the smile and the band aid fashion statement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,

      Thank you. Yes, she touted that bandaid with such pride. :-)

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous - she has the biggest smile Beth :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! And thank you for giving us this challenge; it is certainly lifting my spirits!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photo. Happiness radiates from both sides of the lense. It's made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey,

      I'm so glad this picture made your day. I revel in my daughter's happiness. :-)

      Delete
  5. Beth,

    What a treasure Ari is! I love this photo which captures so much "ordinary" stuff. Looking at it makes me smile too. She's your universe, what a lovely thought. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. It amazes me how much I can love her. As you well know, it's a parent thing to be able to do that.

      Delete
  6. Her smile is infectious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much! Her smile is; I was grinning from ear to ear.

      Delete
  7. She looks like she's having the time of her life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna,

      Yes, she is. It's amazing how she got so much pleasure from jumping and feeling she could fly!

      Delete
  8. And quite extraordinary she is! Beautiful, gleeful, fun!

    Those trampoline gyms are all the rage right now! Oh to be a kid again! (I'm afraid I would break something jumping around in there!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renn,

      Yes, the trampoline places are really popular. Notice I wasn't jumping! I would definitely hurt myself, and I'm also somewhat of a klutz. I do enjoy, however, Ari's infectious child-glee.

      Delete
  9. Your daughter radiates beauty and joy. I love her innocence with her fashion statement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,

      Thank you for the compliment on my daughter! She is a complete joy to be around.

      Delete